Job Number: 2017-9945
Agency: LHC Group Inc Home Office
Location: Lafayette, LA
Full Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager - Lafayette
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing a team of professionals that are tasked with ensuring accurate and timely processing of payment to all vendors for purchases of goods and services. This position is responsible for performing general administration and other accounting functions and tasks as assigned to support daily operational needs and special projects as well as identifying department efficiencies and potential risk areas to satisfy Sarbanes-Oxley regulation and organization needs. Additional responsibilities include vendor reconciliations, settlements, confirmations, metrics reporting, various analyses, etc. This critical position will work closely with the other management staff, responsible for payments, finance and T&E, to provide overall direction, leadership, and oversight.
Our company, a part of LHC Group, is currently seeking clinicians/professionals that want to join our team to help improve the well being of our patients and their families.
89% of our 380 locations have a 4.5 star rating or greater, and we are helping drive better outcomes for our patients nationwide.
If you're seeking a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level, it just arrived!
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance
* 3+ years experience with the development of internal control processes and procedures
* Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
* 1099 Filing
* Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
* Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
* Knowledge and understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
* Responsible for management of staff and related activities in the day-to-day operations of Accounts Payable
* Responsible for new hires, terminations, evaluations, and approval of schedules.
* Provide support and assistance as needed to vendors and all LHC Group locations.
* Responsible for setting, tracking, and meeting department goals and productivity measures.
* Prepare and analyze bi-monthly productivity reporting activity.
* Responsible for assisting with the development, maintenance, and implementation of Accounts Payable policies and procedures and keeping up with the rules and regulations in the industry.