Job Number: 2017-11699
Agency: LHC Group Inc Home Office
Location: Lafayette, LA
Full Job Title: Contracting Manager / Director - Lafayette
Essential Job Functions:
* Directs the activities of personnel assigned to managed care contract negotiations, including LHC management and staff, outside contractors and others.
* Participates directly in managed care contract negotiations. Utilizes cost and managed care scorecard analyses to negotiate an acceptable rate.
* Collaborates/communicates with revenue cycle and operations leadership to ensure operationalization of all managed care business for the company.
* Uses technology to continuously implement more efficient and effective processes within the department.
* Conducts initial and ongoing communication with new acquisitions regarding their current contracts. Facilitates planning for managed care “transition patients” and negotiations of LOAs and|or new contracts.
* Ensures the maintenance and disbursement of an effective and efficient data base of all current, pending and proposed managed care contracts.
* Maintains regular contact w ith SMT and the field management regarding status of all contracts.
* Ensures the timely and accurate set-up and updates of managed care payer information within the Patient Accounting systems. Coordinates with RC Systems Administrators as required.
* Coordinates and maintains payer relations. Utilizes resources to ensure timely and accurate payments with contracted payers.
* Participates in the development of Department best practices. With the management team, develops and implements procedures to facilitate efficient workflow and paper flow within the Department. Assists in development and|or revision of departmental job descriptions, duties, and operating procedures.
* Ensures Department compliance with company, departmental, and regulatory processes and procedures.
* Prepares statistical and other reports as requested. Forwards to management as directed.
* Maintains a working know ledge of industry and related regulatory rules and regulations. updates appropriate staff of changes within the industry.
* As directed, represents the Department and actively participates on various external and internal forums, teams and audits.
* Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
* Two to five years health care management experience required.
* Experience with management of computerized billing systems.
* Experience with managed care contracting required.
* Supervisory experience preferred.
* Proficiency with various PC based software programs, i.e., Excel, MS Word, etc.
* General know ledge of rules and regulations governing third party payers.
* Know ledge of general accounting principles.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
* Positive customer relations skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of interactive teams.