OverviewCome join us at Southern Oregon Home Health, an LHC Group company, where we’re excited by improving the lives of our patients .
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because our 11,000 employees in 25 states are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people. The Office Assistant assists Admin|DON|BM and Office Manager with routine clerical|office and computer related tasks to include but limited to filing, shredding and data entry, including processing workflow tasks as assigned.
Additional DetailsEssential Functions
- Assists DON and Office Manager with routine clerical|office and computer related skills to include but limited to filing, shredding and data entry, including processing workflow tasks.
- Answers telephone calls, records messages and delivers messages.
- Delivers out going mail to Post Office when needed and pickup incoming mail and disperses.
- Copies patient records, policy manual and other pertinent documents and dispenses copies as appropriate.
- Checks facsimiles and routes facsimiles within the department.
- Maintains adequate fax cover sheets.
- Make-up patient Admit/ROC/Recert packets at least monthly.
- Proficient with data entry.
- Pulls, reviews and follows up on Misys reports of orders recert and unverified visits.
- Checks hospital boards daily and verify patient's status.
- Checks email at minimum of every morning and afternoon.
- Breakdown and appropriately file discharge charts.
- Completes Discharge chart reviews, perform Medicare Claims Audit and EOE for non-Medicare clients.
- Review and process coordination notes as assigned.
- Process orders to|from physician and track for timely receipt.
- Review, address and clear held claims.
- Works HCHB Reports|Administrative tasks related to faxes, physician orders, and DC|transfer summaries
- Scans and attaches documents to client electronic record
- Process Episode Detail Reports and DC|Transfer Summaries to physicians
- Verify receipt of signed documents and entry of medical release code
- Cross train as back up for scheduler duties as assigned.
- Must have computer skills, clerical-business machine skills, telephone communication skills, and be able to type. Must possess general clerical skills and organizational skills.