OverviewLHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because our 11,000 employees in 25 states are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Our company, a part of LHC Group, is currently seeking clinicians/professionals that want to join our team to help improve the well being of our patients and their families.
89% of our 380 locations have a 4.5 star rating or greater, and we are helping drive better outcomes for our patients nationwide.
If you're seeking a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level, it just arrived!
- Do you want to be rewarded for your hard work?
- Do you desire to make a difference providing quality care?
- Do you want to be part of a family and not just an employee?
- Flexible schedule for field clinicians
- Competitive pay
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
QualificationsFormal Education: Associate Degree or certification equivalentExperience: 3 yearsLicense, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: NoEducation Requirements
- Associate degree or certification in business related field required.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Three years of medical revenue cycle management experience.
- Experience with the management of computerized billing systems.
- Working with PC based software programs.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive customer relations skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of interactive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing third party payors.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).