LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because our 11,000 employees in 25 states are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Accountable and responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and submission of all claims to appropriate pay sources on a regular basis.
- Ensures compliance with company, departmental, and regulatory policies and procedures. Responsible for coordinating disciplinary actions for broken polices, on an on-going basis.
- Accountable and responsible for the timely and successful follow-up of all outstanding account balances on regular basis.
- Develops and manages an established closing schedule and other guidelines/policies and procedures to facilitate billing timeliness on regular basis.
- Manages the utilization of accounts receivable reports to monitor account balances and establish priorities for collection activities on a regular basis.
- Maintains appropriate billing records to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Supervises assigned billing and collections personnel; ensures appropriate staffing levels; completes scheduled performance evaluations.
- Assists in the development and/or revision of departmental job descriptions, duties, and operating procedures.
- Oversees the day-to-day workflow of the Department and sets priorities for staff.
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures to facilitate efficient workflow/paperflow in the Department.
- Acts as a resource to assigned staff for problem solving difficult accounts, information system issues, and specific training needs. Facilitates training programs. Ensures that problem-solving occurs at the lowest level possible with positive outcomes.
- Ensures timely tracking of payer changes and keeps appropriate staff notified of changes and/or updates on a regular basis.
- Manages the posting and reconciliation of third party payments received.
- Ensures daily and monthly reconciliation of cash posted to cash deposited; resolves any outstanding reconciling items.
- Prepares any statistical reports as requested by supervisors or upper management on an as needed basis; submits timely.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all billing policies, rules and regulations, updates appropriate staff of changes in the insurance industry.
- Acts as a liaison with assigned/select pay sources.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Revenue Cycle Management computer systems; acts as a liaison with the software vendor(s) and communicates updates/revisions to appropriate staff.
- Trains appropriate staff on new software/hardware features; reviews staff understanding/working knowledge of changes.
- Represents Revenue Cycle Management and actively participates on various external and internal forums, teams, and audits as needed.
QualificationsFormal Education: Associate Degree or certification equivalentExperience: 3 yearsLicense, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: NoEducation Requirements
- Associate degree or certification in business related field required.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Three years of medical revenue cycle management experience.
- Experience with the management of computerized billing systems.
- Working with PC based software programs.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive customer relations skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of interactive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing third party payors.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).